Spam Control Solutions
Crown Spam control uses the best solution on the market for fighting spam.
We create an account for each user. Then you can then create your own white-list and view their quarantine folders. Crown sends an email message once a day if users have spam in their quarantine folder. Users can click once to deliver messages to their quarantine folder or add people to their white-list. You do not have to fret with spam changes and trends. The update mechanism automatically loads new definitions. Other features include blacklist capability, user-specified controls, spam scoring, and Bayesian Analysis.
Email has undoubtedly become a key tool for communications among companies worldwide. With frequent virus attacks and the alarming rate that spam fills in-boxes, email is quickly becoming a less efficient means of communication. In fact, the Radicati Group, a market research firm in Palo Alto, California, predicts that by 2010, there will be 228 billion spam messages each day, representing the vast majority of email traffic on the Internet. This is simply astounding and unacceptable. It’s time to take control of spam.
The Crown Spam Firewall is an integrated hardware and software solution that has the power of an enterprise-class solution, and the ease-of-use and affordability that businesses of all sizes demand. The Crown Spam Firewall includes all the features needed to eliminate your spam and completely protect your email server from all forms of attack. Email may be blocked, quarantined, tagged, or delivered based on the policies of the organization or the preferences of the individual user.
Protection Against Email-borne Threats
The Crown Spam Firewall provides comprehensive protection against the most current email-borne threats that can cripple your network if left unprotected. With our twelve-layer defense system, the Crown Spam Firewall optimizes performance of your email server while utilizing the following protections:
- Anti-spam. The algorithms and methods used by the Barracuda Spam Firewall are the most comprehensive and most advanced in the industry at detecting and filtering spam resulting in the lowest rate of false positives. Barracuda Networks Predictive Sender Profiling looks beyond the reputation of the sender and digs deeper into the spam campaign itself to identify anomalous activity.
- Anti-virus. By utilizing triple layer virus blocking, decompression of archives and file type blocking, the anti-virus engine in the Crown Spam Firewall provides complete virus protection. When new spam and virus outbreaks occur, Crown realtime protection will block these threats in real-time.
- Anti-spoofing. This technology prevents the use of forged or “spoofed” sender addresses on unsolicited email. The anti-spoofing feature also allows larger organizations to specify a list of IP addresses that are allowed to have a “From” address that appears from inside the organization to support multiple sites and multiple email servers.
- Anti-phishing. The Crown Spam Firewall provides robust protection against phishing schemes which are often used to gather confidential information about an organization or its individual users.
- Anti-spyware. All attachments are scanned and any spyware executables are detected and eliminated immediately.
End-user Control Features
The Crown Spam Firewall contains numerous end-user features that allow for individual tuning and greatly enhance the accuracy of our spam filtering.
- User Based Filtering. The Barracuda Spam Firewall can be configured to set spam policies by the end-user on an individualized basis or on a global corporate level.
- Individual Spam Scoring. The individual spam scoring feature allows end-users to set their individual thresholds for spam tolerance providing personalized control over spam policies.
- Personal Allow and Block Lists. The Barracuda Spam Firewall can be configured to allow end-users to have control over their individual allow and block lists which further reduces the chance of false positives.
- End-User Quarantine. The Barracuda Spam Firewall provides the ability to setup quarantine mailboxes where users can direct questionable email for later review. This greatly reduces the support load for large organizations.
- Digest Emails. A daily email is sent to all end-users with a quarantine account summarizing the contents of their individual quarantine mailboxes.
- Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes Integration. Barracuda Networks provides a software plug-in for both Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes end-users. With this tool, users can classify messages as spam or not spam in order to fine-tune the filtering and further eliminate any chance of false positives.